Woman dies in fridge explosion

Best Grills > Gas Grills > Woman dies in fridge explosion

By TITUS OMINDE
More by this Author

A 45-year-old woman died Wednesday night in Mwanzo estate in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County after allegedly inhaling smoke produced by a refrigerator which exploded in her house.

Police said they are investigating Susan Njoki’s death although preliminary investigations indicated that she could have suffocated after gas from the explosion filled her house at night while she was asleep.

Her two children escaped through a window.

Eldoret explosion

Shocked neighbours at the house of Susan Njoki who died after a refrigerator exploded and the ensuing smoke suffocating her to death. PHOTO | JARED NYATAYA | NATION MEDIA GROUP

“We tried to access to her house to rescue her but her main door was locked and it had heavy metal grills,” said a neighbour.

Ms Njoki was sleeping in a different room from the children.

The neighbours said her room was engulfed in smoke following the explosion.

One of the children was admitted to the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH).

Confirming the incident, Eldoret West police boss Zachariah Bittok said that they have launched investigations into the incident.

The woman’s body was taken to MTRH mortuary for post-mortem examination.

Source

About the author